- Field adventures at the Ogden Nature Center are designed for K – 8th grade students, and focus on hands-on, outdoor experiences.
- Programs last for two hours and can be scheduled for the mornings or afternoons.
- 75 students or less is $3 per student. 76 students or more is $3.50 per student and field trip time is extended by 1/2 hour in order to accommodate a larger group. Teachers and school aids are free. One adult chaperone for every 10 students is free of charge. Extra chaperones/adults are $3 each.
- Funding may be available for Ogden City and Weber School District students. Contact us for details.
- Picnic tables are available for lunch before or after your field trip. Please RSVP for picnic table use when registering your class.
- You can extend your field trip with self-guided exploration of the nature preserve at no extra cost.
- Pre and post-visit activities are available on the website.
- We also offer:
- Self-guided visits
- Week-long summer camps or single day adventures for ages 2-13.
- Year-round community programs and workshops for all ages.
- Preschool Discovery Days – one-hour programs for ages 3-5.
- After-school programs and activities are available.
- A year-long home school naturalist programs.
- Teacher workshops for credit
If you're looking for programming for an individual student, whether adult or child, check out our calendar to see what our community education programs have to offer.
Reservations are required and classes fill up quickly, so please schedule early. To schedule a field trip, please call the education department at 801-621-7595.
For teachers who have made reservations: Each field trip has accompanying pre-visit and post-visit curriculum and activities. Print out and use those activities that are appropriate for your grade level.