Available Position: VISITOR SERVICES STAFF/FRONT DESK
JOB DESCRIPTION AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Part Time: 20 – 25 hours per week
Shift hours are: Thursday 8:45 am to 3:00 pm, Friday 8:45 am to 5:15 pm, Saturday 8:45 am to 4:15 pm, and an occasionally Wednesday.
Supervisor: Office Manager
Pay Rate: TBD passed on experience
Overall Responsibility: Insure all visitors to the Ogden Nature Center have a positive experience that brings them closer to nature and leaves them with a favorable impression of ONC. Visitor Services Staff are the critical customer service representatives who greet visitors to the Ogden Nature Center (ONC). An enthusiastic and friendly visitor services staff member is important to the success of ONC.
- Serve as key personal contact for visitors to ONC: includes, accepting admission fees, explaining trail systems, rules, etc.
- Answer phones in a professional manner and take messages
- Open and close the Visitor Center each day
- Keep the gift shop stocked, clean and neat
- Ring up gift shop sales and admission fees
- Promote memberships, encourage visitors to become supporting members
- Schedule and coordinate facility rentals, including Picnic Grove, indoor facilities, visitor center patio, and weddings.
- Completing rental agreement forms
- Collecting fees/damage deposits
- Coordinating event host (if necessary)
- Prepare daily cash register deposit
- Distribute incoming mail
- Record income/receipts in journal of receipts (“Black Book”)
- Keep Visitor Center tidy
- Keep the Visitor Center restrooms stocked and clean
- Mail invoice payments
- Membership thank you letters
- Assist with events as assigned
- Assist ONC staff with miscellaneous tasks as assigned
- Strong sense of customer service
- Good organizational skills
- Computer skills: Email, Word, Excel, & Little Green Light Donor Management Cloud Software (preferably)
- Retail experience
- Ability to lift a minimum of 25 pounds